[rt-users] Upgrading to Perl 5.8.4 and HTML Mason 1.26

Jonathan Chen JChen at paymentone.com
Wed Sep 1 13:51:39 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I would like to upgrade Perl from 5.8.3 to the last and also mason to “fix” minor issues and recommendation of how I should have compiled Perl.   The last upgrade from Perl 5.8.0 to 5.8.3 went well BUT I included the Perl 5.8.0 libraries or modules?? that I should not have.

Before I do a change control on the upgrade, I remember that 1 of the module searchbuilder or something close to it does not work well with RT 3.0.11.   I remember reading that some users have to downgrade for in order to get 3.0.11 to work correctly.   If that is so, how should I proceed?   I can’t upgrade to the latest version of  RT 3.2.1 since my users are just getting a sip of RT.   But I do plan on upgrading next early next year.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

RH 9 user.

This electronic mail message contains information belonging to PaymentOne, which may be confidential and/or legal privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronically mailed information is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify us by electronic mail and delete this message.