[rt-users] RT 3.2.1 installation on Fedora Core 2

Jean-Michel Barbet Jean-Michel.Barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr
Fri Sep 3 03:28:15 EDT 2004

Michael S. Liebman wrote:

> You've never run CPAN before and it needs to be run once outside of
> make fixdeps so it can be configured. Run `perl -MCPAN -eshell` and
> follow the prompts.

Right ! Thank you.

Still I get problems getting DBD::mysql to install :

--------------------------------
perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::mysql'
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
   Database was generated on Fri, 03 Sep 2004 03:08:05 GMT
Running install for module DBD::mysql
Running make for R/RU/RUDY/DBD-mysql-2.9004.tar.gz
CPAN: Digest::MD5 loaded ok
[...]
   CPAN.pm: Going to build R/RU/RUDY/DBD-mysql-2.9004.tar.gz

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Failed to determine directory of mysql.h. Use

   perl Makefile.PL --cflags=-I<dir>

to set this directory. For details see the INSTALL.html file,
section "C Compiler flags" or type

   perl Makefile.PL --help
Running make test
   Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
   Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

Jean-Michel BARBET.

Jean-michel BARBET                    | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France    | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr