[rt-users] Performance Issues

Dan Pritts danno at internet2.edu
Wed Sep 8 15:55:00 EDT 2004

Hi all -

I am new to the list and reasonably new to RT.

I saw the thread with Jon Masters et. al. last month talking about
performance issues with RT 3.

I've got a brand-new installation of RT 3.2.1 running on Fedora
Core 1, with apache 2 & FastCGI, with a mysql backend.  We have
fewer than 100 tickets in our database.  In general all the tools
are those from Fedora - I think I had to build FastCGI by hand.

The hardware is a dual-CPU pentium iii 600MHz.  SCSI disks and 1 gig
of RAM.  Nothing else is happening on this box.

things were horribly slow with only one mason_handler.fcgi process.
(it would take 5-10 seconds to display a ticket - generally most of the
wait was for the History section to come up).  things are definitely
better now that i'm starting 10 fcgi processes but it still seems slow.
I can move to faster hardware but it is worrisome that this is a
problem already.

Any updates?

danno
dan pritts                                       danno at internet2.edu
systems administrator                            734/352-4953 office
internet2                                        734/834-7224 mobile