[rt-users] Performance Issues

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Sep 9 01:47:30 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:55:00PM -0400, Dan Pritts wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I am new to the list and reasonably new to RT.
>
> I saw the thread with Jon Masters et. al. last month talking about
> performance issues with RT 3.
>
> I've got a brand-new installation of RT 3.2.1 running on Fedora
> Core 1, with apache 2 & FastCGI, with a mysql backend.  We have
> fewer than 100 tickets in our database.  In general all the tools

Dan,

	It might help for you to talk about how you've configured mysql
to make use of the system's ram, made sure that the system isn't
swapping, that most of the CPU time seems to be in the database or in
perl, what versions of things other than RT you're running, etc. Lately,
we've been seeing performance numbers of between .6 seconds and 2
seconds for ticket display in systems with about 10,000 tickets in them.

	Jesse