[rt-users] Re: Performance Issues (a bug?)

Christian Hammers ch at westend.com
Thu Sep 9 03:56:44 EDT 2004

Hello

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:55:00PM -0400, Dan Pritts wrote:
> I've got a brand-new installation of RT 3.2.1 running on Fedora
> Core 1, with apache 2 & FastCGI, with a mysql backend.  We have
> fewer than 100 tickets in our database.  In general all the tools
> are those from Fedora - I think I had to build FastCGI by hand.
>
> The hardware is a dual-CPU pentium iii 600MHz.  SCSI disks and 1 gig
> of RAM.  Nothing else is happening on this box.
>
> things were horribly slow with only one mason_handler.fcgi process.
> (it would take 5-10 seconds to display a ticket - generally most of the

This is exactly the same as I reported 1-2 weeks ago, I run RT3.2 and
RT3 on Debian on two different machines (Celeron class w/ 768MB RAM,
idle and I normally know how to setup a server) and with only 1 ticket
and still got these 5-10 seconds with either fcgi, scgi and mod_perl on
Apache1.3. I also checked for timeouting DNS queries but with no luck.

I would really love to use RT but these numbers are of course not usable
for production use. I'm glad another user just reported <1s per ticket
which means that it is not broken by design.

So Any ideas what could cause such a delay?

thanks,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller