[rt-users] Problems with RTx::Shredder!

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Sep 9 06:30:04 EDT 2004

Sven Sternberger wrote:
> Hi Ruslan!
>
> first thanks for your help and the script. we really needed
> such a tool, because our database will probably reach
> 2gig at the end of the year.
>
>> Hmmm. As I see users a little bit confused with my distribution :(
>

> You are right, it's your fault ;-)
> my proposals
> 1.) Correct the example script
> http://search.cpan.org/~ruz/RTx-Shredder-0.01/lib/RTx/Shredder.pm
> -$deleted->Limit( VALUE => 'deleted' );
> +$deleted->LimitStatus( VALUE => 'deleted' );
Oops, my fault. I'll fix it.

> 2.) Note the installed scripts in README
ok.

> 3.) Note that it is >> necessary << to install the patch. (So this
> was my second fault/thank you Todd). For our absolute beginners the
> "patch -p0 ...." line
ok.

> 4.) Some hints for users of the debian distribution, because some path
> are different, so I had to modify the Makefile to get the installer
> work.
I use Module::Install::RTx and I thought that it gets file pathes from
current RT instance.
Please, send me output from `perl Makefile.PL`
For me it's:
 > sudo perl Makefile.PL
Using RT configurations from /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:
./lib   => /opt/rt3/local/lib
./sbin  => /opt/rt3/local/sbin

You should have different output.

> and a question isn't it possible to put all the affected files
> in the local tree? so i don't have to touch the files of the
> distribution
This patch was discussed with Jesse and should be accepted to 3.0.12 and
3.2.2 without changes. So patch is attached only while RT doesn't
support searches on deleted tickets.