[rt-users] Another Win32 Email Question

Michael H. Brown brownmh at senexco.com
Wed Sep 15 17:38:39 EDT 2004

Thanks to Autrijus for making the Windows port extremely easy to install
and configure!
I am having some problems getting RT to accept emails.  I have RT
installed on it's own box running Windows 2000 Server.  It will send out
email perfectly.  We have an Exchange 2000 server that handles all of
our email using SMTP and MAPI.  I seem to be missing something in the
instructions.  I've searched this list and wiki.bestpractical.com to no
avail.  I tried the following 2 configurations for fetchmail with no
real results:
poll mail.domain.com proto MAPI:
username root password mypass mda
"c:/progra~1/ourInternet/common/perl/bin/perl.exe
c:/progra~1/ourinternet/reques~1/rt/bin/rt-mailgate.in --url
http://localhost:8284/ --queue GENERAL --action correspond"
And
poll mail.domain.com proto pop3:
username root password mypass mda
"c:/progra~1/ourInternet/common/perl/bin/perl.exe
c:/progra~1/ourinternet/reques~1/rt/bin/rt-mailgate.in --url
http://localhost:8284/ --queue GENERAL --action correspond"
What steps do I need to take to get RT to work with my Exchange server?

If I need to use fetchmail where does the conf file go?
Which username and password is the conf file looking for?  The root for
RT or one that has admin privileges for the Exchange server.

Thanks,
     mhb

Michael H. Brown
Network Administrator