[rt-users] Another Win32 Email Question

Michael H. Brown brownmh at senexco.com
Thu Sep 16 10:24:11 EDT 2004

I am getting closer I believe.  I am able to get rt-mailgate to check
the proper email account on our Exchange server and it sees that there
are messages.  However I am getting the following error after it checks
the mail:

fetchmail: removing stale lockfile
FETCHM~1: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
FETCHM~1: sleeping at Thu Sep 16 09:14:54 2004
FETCHM~1: awakened at Thu Sep 16 09:15:54 2004
1 message for rt at domain at mail.domain.com.
reading message rt at domain.com@mail.domain.com:1 of 1 (645 header octets)
(970
 body octets) .RT server error.

The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It
said:

%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK
%#
%# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>
%#
%# (Except where explicitly superceded by other copyright notices)
%#
%# This work is made available to you under the terms of Version 2 of
%# the GNU General Public License. A copy of that license should have
%# been provided with this software, but in any event can be snarfed
%# from www.gnu.org.
%#
%# This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
%# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
%# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
%# General Public License for more details.
%#
%# Unless otherwise specified, all modifications, corrections or
%# extensions to this work which alter its source code become the
%# property of Best Practical Solutions, LLC when submitted for
%# inclusion in the work.
%#
%#
%# END LICENSE BLOCK
<%ARGS>
$message
$queue => 1
$action => "correspond"
$ticket => undef
</%ARGS>
<%init>
use RT::Interface::Email;
my ( $status, $error, $Ticket ) = RT::Interface::Email::Gateway(\%ARGS);
</%init>
<%flags>
inherit => undef # inhibit UTF8 conversion done in /autohandler
</%flags>
% if ($status == -75 ) {
temporary failure
% }
%    elsif ($status == 1) {
ok
%        if ( $Ticket->Id ) {
Ticket: <% $Ticket->Id %>
Queue: <% $Ticket->QueueObj->Name %>
Owner: <% $Ticket->OwnerObj->Name %>
Subject: <% $Ticket->Subject %>
Requestor: <% $Ticket->Requestors->MemberEmailAddressesAsString %>
%        }
% }   else {
not ok - <%$error%>
% }

FETCHM~1: MDA returned nonzero status 75
 not flushed
FETCHM~1: sleeping at Thu Sep 16 09:16:32 2004
FETCHM~1: awakened at Thu Sep 16 09:17:32 2004

 This is my conf file:

#
# Please change all upper-case words to desired values,
# and save as "rt-mailgate.conf"
#
poll mail.senexco.com proto imap:
username rt at domain.com password xxx mda
"c:/progra~1/ourInternet/common/perl/bin/perl.exe
c:/progra~1/ourinternet/reques~1/rt/bin/rt-mailgate.in --url
http://localhost:8284/ --queue GENERAL --action correspond"

I searched the archives again and cannot find any information on what to
do with the nonzero status.  Most people are getting status 127 anyway.
I'd love to get this working to replace our out dated tracking software.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,
     mhb

Michael H. Brown