[rt-users] FW: Login problem

Nils-Erik Svangård nisse at dc.ltu.se
Fri Sep 17 09:06:32 EDT 2004

Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote:

>Hello again,
>
>This appears to be a problem with Internet Explorer 6, but only on a
>remote machine (any remote machine). It works fine on a remote machine
>running Firefox, or the localhost/server if it's running IE. Is there
>something I have to do to confiugre IE on the remote machine?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Jeff

Hmm I wrote a php script the other day using sessions.
Somewhere in the documentation it said

Microsoft Internet Explorer Sessions Fix:

There is one other little tricky issue I must tell you about. Since we
all know even though Microsoft makes every attempt to dominate the
world, their software still has issues. Let's take IE 6 for example.
There's a problem with IE6 that when you are using sessions and you post
to a form, when you click your back button to make changes in the form,
you have to click the REFRESH button on that page to get the information
that you posted back into the form. This only works about 50% of the
time, the other 50% the users information is lost and they have to type
it over again. Not a good thing if you are trying to get the person to
enter their billing information to process an order. They might just get
irritated and leave. So, here's a solution for that. Enter this right
below the session_start()
<http://www.phpfreaks.com/phpmanual/page/function.session-start.html> of
each script (yes it still must be before anything is output to the
browser).

| header("Cache-control: private");|

Perhaps it's related. I watched a collegue here try RT3 and when he
clicked on the back button, he had to reload the page everytime.

The solution to your problem I suspect is to use a other browser.
/nisse

--
	       Datorcentralen Luelå tekniska universitet
	Name:	Nils-Erik Svangård	e-mail:	nisse at dc.ltu.se
	Ph:	+46-920-49244		URL:http://www.dc.ltu.se