[rt-users] RT2 -> RT3 problems

Nils-Erik Svangård nisse at dc.ltu.se
Fri Sep 17 09:11:54 EDT 2004

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> Search on wiki it has article "how ot restore root"
> This was on archive too.
>
> I can imagine that it's problem of upgrade(may be).
> We upgraded from _2.0.15_(latest 2.0.x). We lost root record and his
> rights too(I didn't envestigate why), but had two users with
> 'SuperUser' right that were imported fine.
>

> Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>> I'm doing a upgrade from RT-2.0.5 to RT-3.2.1. I'm doing a apache
>> WebExternalAuth via ldap.
>> Everything seems to be working fine. I have also dumped and imported
>> data, it also seems to have worked.
>> My problems are:
>>  * I cant log in as the root user (and yes I turn of ldap auth. when
>> logging in). The user root doesnt seem to exist in the database.
>
> Try to restore it(see wiki, archives)
>
>>  * No rights seems to be set on the groups, I try to change my own
>> name, but I get permission denied. I try to add myself to any group:
>> Permission denied.
>
> I think that it's cause you don't have rights to see ACLs.
>

>> Does anyone know where the problem is?
>>
>> /nisse

Hmm I searched the wiki and google but I found nothing I searched for
"how to restore root" no hits on wiki, and no relevant ones on google.
But I went in search of the ones who where old superusers, their
privileges are still there. So now I'm a SuperUser to.
/nisse

--
	       Datorcentralen Luelå tekniska universitet
	Name:	Nils-Erik Svangård	e-mail:	nisse at dc.ltu.se
	Ph:	+46-920-49244		URL:http://www.dc.ltu.se