[rt-users] Best way to get list of tickets per queue from external app?

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Sun Sep 19 00:50:32 EDT 2004

So I'm trying to figure out what the best way is to get a list of tickets
from RT on a per-queue basis.

Ideally, this should work without the whole RT server installed, so it
looks the REST or Atom interfaces are the best way to go.  Unfortunately,
neither is well documented (*cough*, to say the least).

Basically, I'd like to be able to do this:

 my $tickets = $thingy->open_tickets_by_queue('Bugs');

 while ( my $ticket = $tickets->next ) {
     print "Title: ", $ticket->title, "\n"; # Subject?
     print "Body: ", $ticket->body, "\n":
 }

Anybody have anything like this?  If not, any suggestions on the best way
to start?  RT::Client looks like the best solution, but there's basically
no docs, and the test it comes with are all about updating objects, not
searching.

-dave

VegGuide.Org
Your guide to all that's veg.