[rt-users] Default Search fields?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Sep 21 03:52:53 EDT 2004

On Sep 21, 2004, at 3:49 AM, Tony Bowden wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 05:27:17PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>>> change the default columns (e.g. from the Quick Search) to DWIW.
>> Answered on the list in the past 3-4 days. You'll want to look at the
>> config file.
>
> I've checked again, and I still can't find this. There was a post by
> Bob
> Goldstein that didn't seem to get an answer, but that's all I can see.
>
> I've had a look in the Config, and found the part where it sets up the
> DefaultSearchResultFormat, but I can't tell from that how to include a
> custom field (it's a global ones, so there should be no per-queue
> problems).

Use the UI to add the custom field to the default format in the query
builder and click the advanced tab. It'll show you the format.

> I'm also curious as to why a lot of these things are in a config file,
> rather than accessible via the web interface. Is this is a policy
> decision, or just something that no-one has gotten around to doing yet?

The latter. We needed to be _able_ to store these things in the
database somewhere. We now have the Attributes table for this. But no,
nobody's gotten around to writing a nice web-based editor for the
preferences, along with a nice simple CLI for doing the editing when
you haven't gotten the web UI up and running yet.