[rt-users] Problem sending notifications from rt-crontool

Todd Chapman rt at chaka.net
Tue Sep 21 10:45:49 EDT 2004

RT 3.2.1

Why doesn't this work?

/opt/rt3/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::ActivtsInQueue \
                         --search-arg 'General' \
                         --condition RT::Condition::PriorityExceeds \
                         --condition-arg 2 \
                         --action RT::Action::NotifyAsComment \
                         --action-arg AdminCc \
                         --template-id "Reminder" \
                         --verbose

[Tue Sep 21 15:17:02 2004] [crit]: Can't call method "CreatorObj" on an undefined value at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/Notify.pm line 128.
 (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:257)

I looked in subversion and saw that rt-crontool was changed to
allow notification after 3.2.1 so I applied the diffs, which
got me farther, but it still doesn't work. rt-crontool doesn't
pass a TransactionObj when it creates a new Action. Notify.pm
uses the TransactionObj so things go all wonky.

What would be the appropriate code to add to rt-crontool to
set up a new transaction?

Thanks!

-Todd