[rt-users] RHEL3 (perl 5.8.0) UTF-8 Problems.. (now slightly OT)

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Sep 22 16:34:27 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 15:10, Guy B. Purcell wrote:
> >> I didn't look at your debugging output but Perl 5.8.0 is buggy for
> >> RT.  You need at least 5.8.3.
> >
> > In that case then, does anyone have any tips on deploying a second
> > perl/(mod_perl|fastcgi) installation, which doesn't walk all over the
> > one provided by distribution_x?
>
> Actually, Nathan, you'll need to log onto RHN and have a look at what
> RH has patched their Perl with.

It's probably easier to do a tarball install of perl somewhere
under /usr/local (probably the default) and use it with fastcgi.
It's been years since I last needed multiple perl installs but
I don't think it was difficult at all.  Using it with fastcgi
should avoid the need to rebuild apache and mod_perl too.

---
   Les Mikesell
     les at futuresource.com