[rt-users] Starting ticket numbering at a given number

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Fri Sep 24 09:27:19 EDT 2004

Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:
> Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
>
>> Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:

>>> Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?
>>

>> No. It's to force DB to use custom start value for ticket's id.
>> Not 1, but 1000000.
>>
>>> If so how do you search older tickets?
>>> /nisse
>>>

> Ok, if I want to all searches to by default search the latest 2000
> tickets and not all 45000. Is that possible?
strictly 2000 - no, but in RT-3.2 you can add condition
id > XXXX, you should choose XXX according to your max id value.
For example you current last ticket id is 233000 then you can add 'id >
200000' to search only in last ~33000(note ~)
> Or do I have to dump part of the db to get that to work?
dump? I think it wouldn't help a lot. If you want export&clean_up old RT
   tickets, then it's not easy to do.