[rt-users] RT config problem: (index.html not auto-loaded, '405 Method Not Allowed' error for rt-mailgate)

Oliver Thomas othomas at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 27 14:24:48 EDT 2004

I am running into two configuration problems that I'm hoping someone
else may have seen before. I did a search through the archives but
didn't find anything that solved it or seemed to directly apply.

Setup:

	- RedHat Enterprise (kernel version 2.4.21-15.0.4.EL)
	- The machine is running Athena, but it's basically a RH Enterprise box
	- RT 3.3.6
	- apache-ssl 1.3.31 with mod_perl 1.29

I was able to build and install everything just fine, and the web
interface mostly works. I am seeing the following two problems:

1. Going to a URL terminated by a /, i.e. http://hostname/ or
http://hostname/SelfService/ results in a Mason error:

   error: Component path given to Interp->load must be absolute (was
given index.html)

Explicitly appending index.html to the URL (i.e.
http://hostname/index.html) works fine. This must be an apache config
problem, but I can't figure out what it is. The same config file on a
Solaris box seems to work fine both ways, and if I don't run RT but
instead just point it at a document root, the index.html page in that
directory pulls up even if not explicitly specified.

2. rt-mailgate generates the error:

      An Error Occurred

      405 Method Not Allowed

I suspect the two may be related, but I didn't find any obvious fix. If
anyone has run across this before, or knows enough about apache to tell
me what would cause the behavior in (1), I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Oliver