[rt-users] RT config problem: (index.html not auto-loaded, '405 Method Not Allowed' error for rt-mailgate)

Michael H. Brown brownmh at senexco.com
Mon Sep 27 14:34:58 EDT 2004

What happens when you go to http://localhost:8284?  You need to specify the port in the browser because RT is installed on 8284 by default.  Browsers normally look to 80 or 8080 for http traffic.

Thanks,
     mhb

Michael H. Brown
Network Administrator
Senex Services Corp.
317.613.3000 ext. 217
brownmh at senexco.com
http://www.senexco.com

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Oliver Thomas
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 1:25 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] RT config problem: (index.html not auto-loaded,'405 Method Not Allowed' error for rt-mailgate)

I am running into two configuration problems that I'm hoping someone
else may have seen before. I did a search through the archives but
didn't find anything that solved it or seemed to directly apply.

Setup:

	- RedHat Enterprise (kernel version 2.4.21-15.0.4.EL)
	- The machine is running Athena, but it's basically a RH Enterprise box
	- RT 3.3.6
	- apache-ssl 1.3.31 with mod_perl 1.29

I was able to build and install everything just fine, and the web
interface mostly works. I am seeing the following two problems:

1. Going to a URL terminated by a /, i.e. http://hostname/ or
http://hostname/SelfService/ results in a Mason error:

   error: Component path given to Interp->load must be absolute (was
given index.html)

Explicitly appending index.html to the URL (i.e.
http://hostname/index.html) works fine. This must be an apache config
problem, but I can't figure out what it is. The same config file on a
Solaris box seems to work fine both ways, and if I don't run RT but
instead just point it at a document root, the index.html page in that
directory pulls up even if not explicitly specified.

2. rt-mailgate generates the error:

      An Error Occurred
      =================

      405 Method Not Allowed

I suspect the two may be related, but I didn't find any obvious fix. If
anyone has run across this before, or knows enough about apache to tell
me what would cause the behavior in (1), I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Oliver

Be sure to check out the RT wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

The Senex Services Corp. email system added the following official information to this message.
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and/or privileged and may contain confidential health information. This email is intended to be reviewed only by the individual or organization named as addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify Senex Services Corp. immediately - by return message to the sender or to security at senexco.com - and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Senex Services Corp. Confidential health information is protected by state and federal law, including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and related regulations.