[rt-users] Newbie Q: Disappearing Queues after server restart: how do I start debugging?

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Mon Sep 27 18:07:31 EDT 2004

Austin Hastings wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've installed RT on a RH9 Linux box. After restarting apache (with
> modperl2) I get a valid-seeming screen with no Queues. The "General"
> queue, which appeared when I first started the application, is no
> longer available.
Nothing happens without any reason. Did you restart or stop/start? You
have to use stop/start.

> Looking in mysql, the Queues table still contains the "General" record,
> so I presume there's some perl misconfiguration or another screwing
> things up.
May be user that you use to login lost right SeeQueue? Did you play with
rights?

> I'd like to request:
>
> 1- A copy of someone's (sanitized) RT_SiteConfig.pm file, to check my
> own against.
As far as I know you can't break queue displaying with config.

> 2- Any pointers for how to start debugging this application. I
> understand that it's mason, etc., so there's no main. Great. How should
> I start tracing this defect?
Login as root(or somebody that has superuser rights) and see if RT is Ok.