[rt-users] Problems installing RT on Mandrake 10.

Chris Welsh cpwe at deakin.edu.au
Mon Sep 27 20:25:06 EDT 2004

Keith Edmunds wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:04:21 +1000
>Chris Welsh <cpwe at deakin.edu.au> wrote:
>

>>I'm stuck installing rt-3.2.1, Can some one lend me some advice.I'm
>>hoping you can see where I have gone wrong. I'm thinking it is at the
>>Apache2 config side of this. I am running fastcgi, oh and I think I
>>needed to run suidperl because I sort of remember  reading somewhere
>>that I had to if I was running apache2-suexec. So I'm running that too.
>>

>Chris, please don't take this the wrong way, but you've posted a huge long
>note with configurations and error logs etc, but you don't say up front
>WHAT the problem is you are having. Make it easy for people to help you!

Thanks Keith,

and thanks for your reply. I'll try to answer there questions more
concisely.

>- what are you trying to do

I'm installing RT on Our School's Mandrake Linux Server. RT will act at
the help desk for the School's IT department

>- what problem do you have

Apache starts but the error log shows the following message, and I
cannot get any of the RT pages to display.

[Mon Sep 27 16:26:34 2004] [warn] FastCGI: server
"/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" (uid 13, gid 101) started (pid 18971)

Additionally, I get an error in my browser that says something like the
server was misconfigured; cannot remember exactly, I'mat home right now.

>- what have you tried to fix it

I have tried applying the recommendations in the FASTCGI documentation.
And variations.

From:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FastCGIConfiguration

>- supporting data (config, error logs, etc)

Other than the apache logs, where else can I grab error info?