[rt-users] Re: "weak references are not implemented"

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Sep 29 10:16:13 EDT 2004

On Sep 29, 2004, at 7:34 AM, Chris Knipe wrote:

> This should definately be related to FreeBSD only?? Seeing that it
> does have a tendency to leave old perl stuff laying arround your
> entire system after upgrades....  There was also a old mod_perl in
> /usr/lib and I think apache was using that instead of the new compiled
> one in /usr/local/lib.

When you upgrade perl and set up CPAN for the new version, one of the
options is to have CPAN uninstall any old copies of files it updates
that may be in different locations on your search path.  You should set
that option.  Also using the ports in freebsd to install perl and
"activate" that version helps a lot to avoid accidentally using the old
perl.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.                MailerMailer, LLC     Rockville, MD
http://www.MailerMailer.com/                     +1-301-869-4449 x806