[rt-users] Specify Delimiters in Email

Roland, Ryan M rmroland at indiana.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:23:37 EDT 2004

> 1) You can hack on Text::Quoted and learn it how to understand such
> quotation. Then RT will show it with different color.

Well, since the original message is already in the history from the
previous correspondence, there is no real need to display it.

> 2) You don't want delete cause it's dangerouse. Users uses context
> answers with such qoutes.

I would obviously check to see if the content of what is above the
delimiter is substantial content or not.  I could also perform a check
on what is below the delimiter and if substantially different from the
previous correspondence, then include it.

> 3) You may want to not show this on ticket history, then you can hack
> around html/Ticket/Elements/ShowHistory file.

So it will still sit in the DB, but parse it out at display time instead
of input time?

> 4) If you still want to delete it then you should hack RT a little
> around Email interface or Attchments creation code.

So there's nothing like an "input template" or anything which defines
how incoming mail is parsed and placed in the history?  If hack on the
code I must, where might I look to do this?  i.e. where is the email and
attachments code?

I wasn't sure if there was a template type of solution to this or if
source hacking was the only answer.