[rt-users] Sending an email when a ticket is created

Richard Seymour richard at freegeek.org
Wed Sep 29 13:23:27 EDT 2004

We are using RT from debian sarge.

We have a web form that fires off an email to create a ticket. That part
works fine.

We want to send an email out to a list of volunteers when that ticket is
created, so that one of them might pick up the ticket and take cahrge.
There all on a mailing list, so I initially tried adding the mailing
list address to admincc: for that queue, which works, but now we're
getting too much mail from RT on that list.

What's the best way to get *just* the notice of a new ticket (with the
initial contents of the ticket) but not all the followup comments and such?

TIA.

--
Oil can what?