[rt-users] encrypting fields and email

Jason Parsons jparsons-lists at saffron.net
Thu Sep 30 13:30:38 EDT 2004

FWIW, I've been thinking this one through as well.  What I would like
is to store customer run-books in RT ticket notes, including passwords.
  I would like the passwords to be encrypted so that even if you have
access to RT's database tables, you can't do anything without some
private key (which lives on an RT user's computer, not on the server).
I don't need to be able to search the encrypted notes.

The best idea I have come up with so far is some kind of java or
javascript public key crypto, but I haven't thought through the whole
set of problems that may encounter, or really looked into the
alternatives much.

  - Jason