[rt-users] LDAP Auth

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Sun Apr 3 11:12:11 EDT 2005

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Christopher Welsh wrote:

> I have RT-3.2.2 running. I know you tested it on 3.4.1. Can you foresee
> any issues running it on 3.2.2.

I don't know if it will work on 3.2.2 or what changes you might have to
make.

> I'm curious, I have samba running in ADS mode and kerberos auth. Are you
> doing the same at your end?

We are not currently running Samba.

> Oh, Now we have a choice of using Apache, samba, ldap. Any ideas on the
> advantages disadvantage of each?

It depends on what works for you.  All of our user information is in LDAP.
For those who don't have passwords in LDAP, we authorize against SMB.  I
like the idea of RT handling authorization.  Others prefer using Apache,
because they can choose and configure Apache modules to do the work.  RT
doesn't require "extra" code in that case.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"A lazy electrical engineer takes the path of least resistance."