[rt-users] How to migrate from RT2 to RT3.4.1?

Thomas Hyldgaard Hansen hyldgaard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:29:19 EDT 2005

Hi

I've tried to migrade an RT2 installation to a new RT 3.4.1
installation, but so far without luck.

I'll appreciate if somebody can kick me in the right direction for
this. From what I've read in the mailing lists (and experienced so
far) then the steps should be like:

1) On the RT2 machine, use rt2-to-rt3-1.23 (rt-2.0-to-dumpfile) , to
get dumps from the existing mysql database.
2) Moved the dumped database files to the new RT3 machine.
3) Use the earliest version 3 of RT 3.0.12, when using
dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 (because RT 3.4.1 code in not compatible with the
dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 code).
For this to work the correct version of perl and Storable must be
present, otherwise the dumper tickets from the RT2 dump cannot be
read.
4) Next follow the 3.0.12 upgrade steps (as found in README/UPGRADE files).
5) Finally install RT 3.4.1 and follow upgrade steps (as found in
README/UPGRADE files).

Is something missing in these steps?

Best regards,
Thomas