[rt-users] How to migrate from RT2 to RT3.4.1?

Norton, Ian i.norton at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Apr 4 05:09:42 EDT 2005

Thomas,

I upgraded from 2.0.15 to 3.2.3 then to 3.4.1 basically doing the steps
that you
mentioned.

We're using PostgreSQL rather than MySQL, so I suspect that your issues
may be
different to those I experienced.  I had trouble with the default
database encoding
changing between the major versions of RT - this was an issue in
importing the tickets
back into the fresh 3.2.3 install.  The next issue was the database
sequence numbers,
followed lastly by problems with the table schema for the custom fields
(Although this
wasn't a show stopper until we started trying to use custom fields).

My perl modules were installed direct from CPAN with the latest versions
with no
problems.  I kept the original server running along side the new one
until I was
happy with everything, so the export happened with the older libs.

Are you having specific problems that others on the list may have
experienced?

Regards, Ian.