[rt-users] [rtimportldap] "No RT user found. Please consult your RT administrator."

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Apr 4 10:59:10 EDT 2005

I'm trying rtimportldap (ticket #2154 at rt3.fsck.com) on my RT 3
installation (Debian package of 3.0.12).

First time, it runs fine and creates (or updates) the accounts.

Every other time, it fails:

No RT user found. Please consult your RT administrator.

Reading the code
(/usr/share/request-tracker3/lib/RT/Interface/CLI.pm), the problems
seems to be it wants the GECOS of root to be "root" (not what I had in
my LDAP directory).

If I:

update users set gecos='root' where name='root';

in the DB, everything works again.

Bug? Feature? Should I exclude root from the accounts managed by
rtimportldap?