[rt-users] AdminUsers right required to view user info

Antonio Bemfica antonio at bemfi.ca
Mon Apr 4 16:14:58 EDT 2005

Hello

Some background: I'm planning to deploy RT (3.4.1) to track work orders
in a housing project. I need the maintenance staff (ticket owners) to be
able to see contact information for the requestors (phone number, street
address) in order to visit their homes and fix the "leaking tap".

The problem: unless I grant the AdminUsers right to the maintenance
staff, the "Location" information is blanked in the
Admin/Users/Modify.html page (reached from "More about Joe Smith..."). I
don't necessarily want the maintenance staff to be able to alter user
data, only to see it.

There does not appear to be a ShowUsers right. Is there any alternative
I should look into before attempting to alter the code to accomplish
what I want?

I'm new to RT (but not to issue tracking systems) and appreciate any
help.

Thanks in advance

Antonio