[rt-users] Initial Queue Detection

Meo, Anthony Anthony.Meo at btci.com
Mon Apr 4 22:13:39 EDT 2005

Hi all,

We are implementing RT as a customer support application.  Many of our
customers send emails to addresses that they believe to be another
company (under a wholesale agreement with them).  To support this in RT,
the email addresses for these queues accept and send out using these
specific addresses.

Once a ticket is created in RT, it may need to be escalated to our Tier
2 support, which is a queue in itself.  If the user replies back to the
customer once the ticket is in the Tier 2 support queue, it will use the
address on the current queue....which is not a result we can have.

So,  I know there are options but ide like to know what you all think is
the most appropriate to implement:

My first choice would be to always reply to the user using the email
address on the queue the ticket was created in:
	Assuming this is the method, is there a method call or attribute
that I can grab on the ticket object (via scips or templates) that gives
me access to the queue the ticket was created in.  If so, how do I go
about accessing it.

A second option would be to alter the way tickets are escalated to other
queues (or groups), but I do not know how that would work.  Without
moving tickets into different queues (where the user does not have
ownership privileges) there is no way to move it back to the new/unowned
tickets query on the homepage of a user in the "escalated to" queue.

Hopefully someone has some insight into this issue.

Thanks,
Anthony Meo