[rt-users] SelectOwner Extremely slow

Meo, Anthony Anthony.Meo at btci.com
Wed Apr 6 11:57:09 EDT 2005

I have been experiencing some staggering slow downs in RT.  Specifically
in the Ticket Search Build page and the New Ticket page.

I did not experience this on our test server, but once into the
production environment, this problem began to show.  When SelectOwner
Element is used, loading a new ticket page or Ticket Search Build can
take upwards of 3 minutes.  Commenting the line out that calls that
element, knock the time down to 1 second or less.  So this IS the
culprit.  There is no doubt.

So  using my nifty comment method I tracked the issue down to this
particular area of the element.

foreach my $object (@objects) {
	my $Users = RT::Users->new($session{CurrentUser}
        $Users->WhoHaveRight(Right => 'OwnTicket', Objec
        while (my $User = $Users->Next()) {
	      $user_uniq_hash{$User->Id()} = $User;
        }
This loop hangs up my system for minutes on end and effecting the
multi-user environment, plus preventing searches I might add.

So, anyone have any ideas on why such a heavy load and what can be done
to fix it.

I am using rt 3.4.0
Fedora
FastCgi
Perl 5.83
Oracle 10i
2ghz, 2 processor Pentium Zeon with 1gb ram

Also table record counts:
Users: 809
GROUPMEMBERS: 9400
GROUPS: 14731    -- This one seems very high since there are only 15
groups in my system aside from the regular CC, AdminCC roles etc...
PRINCIPALS 15500
TICKETS: 3400

Any Ideas here?

Thanks,