Subject: [rt-users] Avaya Integration

Joseph_Micciche at Progressive.com Joseph_Micciche at Progressive.com
Fri Apr 8 09:22:45 EDT 2005

> Has anyone done any Telephony integration with RT?  We're currently
> evaluating what would be necessary to have our Avaya system integrate
> with a department wide RT implimentation, so any feedback would be very
> helpful.

Which Avaya products? The TDM G3x switches, VoIP 8x00 / 150-250 switches,
CMS, Intuity? Do you have a current notification process outside of
INADS/Expert System call home? Do you have true root access, or at least
sudo, on the Linux-based switches? (This is a huge stumbling block, Avaya
gave us root but it isn't at all root as you normally think of it so we're
hamstrung in our ability to configure the switches the way we'd prefer to.)

We're using Avaya's snmp tools to send alarms to HP OpenView, massage them,
then load them into our (non-RT) enterprise trouble management system.

Joe Micciche