[rt-users] changing $rtname

Anthony Leong anthonyl at yorku.ca
Fri Apr 8 10:49:23 EDT 2005

Greetings,

  You can try the following, but there are no gaurantees as I haven't
done this before and I think those are the only things need to be
modified...
  In RT_SiteConfig, change $rtname to your desired (new) name.  As well,
make a new variable, $oldrtname, and assign it with the value of your
"old" unwanted name.  Then, in the content of the file Email.pm, wherever
$rtname is used, you will have to add $oldrtname.

  What that should do is...
- new emails sent by RT will have the subjects beginning with your new
rtname
- when RT receives an email and sees either $rtname or $oldrtname, it will
accept those emails

Anthony