[rt-users]

Roland, Ryan M rmroland at indiana.edu
Mon Apr 11 11:39:41 EDT 2005

We have a question of how to handle long term tickets.  For example, say we receive a user creation request as soon as the person accepts the position.  However, they don't actually start work for 3 months.  What we would like is to be able to get the ticket off our current work plate (via 'stalled' or 'deferred' or something) but then have its status changed back to 'open' on a certain date (say a day or two before the person starts work).  We've messed with 'Starts' and 'Due Date' but in our tests, neither seem to trigger automatically the way we want.

Is there something we're overlooking that does NOT involve setting up rtcrontool?

Thanks,

Ryan Roland

Network and Security Administrator
Information Technology