[rt-users] RT Hangs when removing users from group

Scott Muller smuller at netcommplete.com.au
Mon Apr 11 23:18:42 EDT 2005

>>I have an RT installation version 3.4.1 that has been upgraded from rt 3.0.10.
>>I followed the upgrade path as documents and everything seemed fine until I
>>had to remove a user from a group.
>>When I remove the users httpd hangs on 80% CPU and I cannot access rt unless I
>>restart apache.
>>I enabled logging on mysql and I get the following line when removing the user
>>(in an endless loop)

I am also seeing this happen.

FreeBSD 5.3
rt 3.2.2
perl 5.8.6_2
p5-DBIx-SearchBuilder-1.22
mysql 4.1.9
apache-1.3.33_1
fastcgi

ANY attempt to delete a user from a group leads to the following SQL
query being repeated until apache is restarted

SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE Disabled = '0' AND GroupId =
'29' AND MemberId = '1'

This install has been upgraded over time from 3.?. This happens if the
user being removed existed before the upgrade or if it is a new user.

--

Scott Muller.