[rt-users] rewrite + SSL + apache2 + FastCGI + RHEL4

Phil Lawrence prlawrence at Lehigh.EDU
Thu Apr 14 11:57:10 EDT 2005

Hello,

Thanks to a little fiddling and the very nice post by William Harrison,
I can see RT3 at https://rt.example.com/rt.   Also, any http attempts
are automatically rewritten into https.  I'm using a self-signed cert.

However, I want to see it at https://rt.example.com

I've tried (blindly, I'm afraid) a bunch of things, all evidently wrong.
   Can anyone help?  Here is my starting point, which works as described
above:

_____httpd.conf_____
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin root
   DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
   RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [L,R,NC]
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
#  General setup for the virtual host
   SSLEngine on
   SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
   SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/rt.example.com.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/rt.example.com.key
   DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/
   ServerName rt.example.com
   ServerAdmin root

   # Adding the following for RT (the ticket tracker)
   AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

   <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
     Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
     AllowOverride None
   </Directory>

   # Pass through requests to display images
   Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
</VirtualHost>
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

# diff RT_SiteConfig.pm RT_Config.pm
27c27
< Set($rtname , "rt");
---
 > Set($rtname , "example.com");
122c122
< Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1);
---
 > Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , undef);
127c127
< Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^rt\@rt.example.com$');
---
 > Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^rt\@example.com$');