[rt-users] Can't load Perl module Apache::DBI for server

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Thu Apr 14 15:46:25 EDT 2005

Steve RIeger wrote:

> nah dont do that
>
> are going to use rt with mod_perl or with fastcgi ?
>
> mod_perl as a dso is a really bad idea.
>

> On Apr 14, 2005, at 10:48 AM, Vicki Stanfield wrote:
>
>> Steve RIeger wrote:
>>
>>> am assuming that you installed mod_perl from rpm, do you know if its
>>> built WITHEVERYTHING = 1
>>>

>>> --
>>> Steve Rieger
>>> (212) 804-1131   (Work)
>>> (646) 335-8915   (Cell)
>>> chozrim           (aim)
>>>
>> I am not at all sure. I guess I could remove the mod_perl (don't know
>> how many dependencies this would affect) rpm and reinstall it from
>> source.
>>
>> Vicki
>>

> --
> Steve Rieger
> (212) 804-1131   (Work)
> (646) 335-8915   (Cell)
> chozrim           (aim)

I have installed the perl-FCGI rpm. Still when I try to start apache, I
get errors. Here is what I have added to the httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.37:80>
        ServerName rttest.progeny.com
        DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
        TimeOut 900

        PerlModule Apache::DBI
        PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

        <Location />
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler RT::Mason
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

The error I get is this:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1030 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
                                                           [FAILED]

Line 1030 is this:

PerlModule Apache::DBI

Any idea?