[rt-users] My RT with #500000

Matthew Watson matthew.watson at staff.netspace.net.au
Thu Apr 14 19:39:33 EDT 2005

> --On Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:34 PM +1000 Matthew Watson
> <matthew.watson at staff.netspace.net.au> wrote:
>
> > Oracle 9i and RT 3.2.2 (hoping to update to 3.4.x soon)
>
> Wow, interesting, 9i on Linux I assume?

Narh on a Sun box, cant remember exactly what it is.

> I'd like to be able to use Oracle for a number of internal
applications
> where I'm working.... MySQLs lack of anything resembling PL/SQL and
real
> JOINs as well as triggers is starting to get old.  Not my choice
though, I
> just run things, not develop them :)

Yeh, found oracle a lot easier to tune for those trickier queries, we
used to run RT 2.0.11 ( from memory ) on mysql 4 and found some things
that we just could get to use the indexes.

Regards,
Matt.

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
 those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.