[rt-users] How to setup Request-tracker 3.4 on Debian (Sparc)

Sam Snow sam.snow at christianheritageschool.org
Thu Apr 14 23:58:55 EDT 2005

Martin Quinn wrote:
> Hi does anyone have a step by step walkthru for installing and setting up
> Request tracker on Debian(sparc).
> I went to wiki.bestpractical.com and followed the instructions on there,
> however it's a bit vague and I cant seem to get the machine up and running
> Please anyone with any help or able to point me in the right direction would
> be greatly appreciated
>

> Martin Quinn
> Network Engineer
> Qi.com.au

I am running on a debian sarge box using apache2, fast-cgi, and mysql.

Install is something like this:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client

apt-get install libcgi-fast-perl apache2-mpm-prefork libapache2-mod-fastcgi

apt-get install request-tracker3.4 rt3.4-clients

* Be sure to read (and follow) the info in the
/usr/share/doc/request-tracker3.4/README.Debian and
/usr/share/doc/request-tracker3.4/INSTALL.Debian files on how to set up
your site config, load the DB, etc. .

* Set up your apache2 according to the following post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/41862?do=post_view_threaded#41862

This should let you be able to log in. After that you just need to set
up your email handlers and do your config for your site. The MIT docs
are a good read for how to set up queues and permissions.

Sam