[rt-users] Notifying Owners and AdminCcs without duplication

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Fri Apr 15 15:32:03 EDT 2005

On Apr 14, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Julian C. Dunn wrote:

> I am fielding user complaints about the same issue described here:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=rt-users&m=108981445015303&w=2
>
> Looking through the archives, there was no response to Brett's query at
> the time. Can anyone advise if there is a solution to this issue?

Not sure why your searches didn't pull up the answer, but at the end of
the above message he ponders a "notify Owner and AdminCC" scrip, which
is exactly the right solution:

insert into
scripactions(name,description,execmodule,argument,creator,created,lastup
datedby,lastupdated) values ('Notify Owner and AdminCc','Sends mail to
owner and AdminCCs','Notify','Owner,AdminCc',1,now(),1,now());

insert into
scripactions(name,description,execmodule,argument,creator,created,lastup
datedby,lastupdated) values ('Notify Owner and AdminCc as
Comment','Sends mail to owner and AdminCCs as
comment','NotifyAsComment', 'Owner,AdminCc',1,now(),1,now());

Then adjust your queue to run one of these scrips instead of the two
individual scrips.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806