[rt-users] Understanding mailgate

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Tue Apr 19 16:07:51 EDT 2005

>cat "Message to go to RT" | /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General
>> --action correspond --url http://testrt.progeny.com/

>What message you get when you add --debug to it?

I changed the rt to rttest as appropriate. But I still get no mail into the test rt setup. I added --debug to the command line attempt though and got this:

Connecting to http://rttest.progeny.com/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 99, <> chunk 1.
not ok - Ticket creation failed at /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 108, <> chunk 1.

What is going on here? Is there some config thing that I have missed?

Vicki

The original message was received at Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:51:51 -0500
from morimoto.progeny.com [192.168.1.53]

"| /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue 'System Administration' --action correspond --url http://rttest.progeny.com/"
    (reason: Service unavailable)
    (expanded from: <sysadmin2 at rttest.progeny.com>)

smrsh: "rt-mailgate" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable