[rt-users] Never-ending OR search

Jonathan Reeder jreeder at minutemenu.com
Wed Apr 20 13:53:09 EDT 2005

I'm trying to do a ticket search that looks basically like this:

RequestorGroup = 'xxx' OR CcGroup = 'xxx'

When I run this search, it runs for several minutes with no results.
Nothing is displayed to screen, and after giving up the search, if I try to
click back or simply make a new request for my RT's homepage, I get no
response from the server.  I have to close my browser and open a new one (or
just get rid of my RT cookie) before RT will give me any pages at all after
I try this search.  I don't see anything in the log, so maybe I should try
waiting a full hour, but it seems to me that something is wrong, since if I
take either of the two parts of the search and do them by themselves, I get
results in 1 or 2 seconds.

Has anyone else had similar trouble with ORed ticket searches?