[rt-users] Custom fields (in text mode)

Lorand Farkas wolfy at enternet.hu
Fri Apr 22 17:06:37 EDT 2005

Dear All,

I’m using RT 3.4.x installed on Fedora Core 3.

I installed RT3 not a long time ago and I would like to customize it so it
can fit for our company’s requirements.
When users nowadays raise a request to our department, they have to fill up
a change request form and at least 3 levels of approval have to be present
on this form before the actual implementation. I tried to imagine how can I
realize using RT and get rid of the papers. My idea is completely based on
the approval-ticket creation process.
The problem is that for different cases there will be different approvers.
Everybody knows his next-level approval. Only the 3rd level approver is one
pre-defined person.
Because of this I added a custom field (single selection field) where all
the possible approvers are listed. When the user creates the ticket (from
the web interface) he should select his 1st level approver.

The queue which holds all requests of this type is named
"Approval-Requests". In this queue I have one template and one scrip.
In the following template how can I assign the value of "Queue" with the
value of the single selection field?

===Create-Ticket: apprreq