[rt-users] fetchmail

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 25 13:27:20 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 01:09:28PM -0400, spiv007 wrote:
> Has anyone us rt with fetchmail before?  I'm on a network were i can
> not have mail relayed to my box, so I will need to fetch the mail from
> our exchange server back to my box then inject the mail into a ticket.
>  Anyone has an ideal on how i can get this done?

Since fetchmail injects mail into the local daemon, your problems will
likely mostly be figuring out what to call the machine, and what to
tell RT it's called; these are similar to situations where mail is
forwarded from a gateway to an RT box (though not, I think, exactly
identical).

Is there anything on the wiki about this?

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me