[rt-users] Duplicate emails sent to watchers

Tom Morgan tmorgan at synacor.com
Tue Apr 26 08:50:27 EDT 2005

Tom Morgan wrote:

>> I am using rt-3.4.0. I searched the archives and have not seen a
>> solution to this issue.
>>
>> When a user creates a ticket I am getting duplicate emails and so is
>> everyone else who is on the watchers for all the queue's(6) that are
>> setup. I have 2 groups I want the "on create" emails to go to and I
>> am only on one of them. I have quadruple checked my scrips and I
>> don't see any duplication. The only thing I can think of is that the
>> email was defaulted to go to the groups and when I activated the
>> watchers it caused the duplication however, there wasn't any email
>> being sent on creating prior to me setting watchers up. I was not the
>> one who set this up initially but inheritted what was done already.
>>
>> Also is there a way I can get the subject to be hardcoded to start
>> with RTTracker? My manager is a bit anal about being able to filter
>> this stuff and it would be helpful. I did look in the archives but
>> have to admit I didnt combed it as well as I did for the duplicate
>> emails. Thank you in advance.
>>
> Oh yeah I set the watchers to be AdminCc watchers.

So this is what I have for scrips for the AdminCc's:

On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence

So because I am getting dupes I would presume one or more of these
scrips is causing it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

--
Tom Morgan
tmorgan at synacor.com