[rt-users] Inserting Jobs with PHP

Roland, Ryan M rmroland at indiana.edu
Tue Apr 26 12:23:32 EDT 2005

To handle internal requests/submissions we are using multiple plain HTML
forms all of which submit to a single PHP script which based on a few hidden
fields, will send a formatted email to our RT server.  Since our RT server
is the same machine that serves our PHP script, we thought it seemed to make
sense to use the RT command-line to create the tickets.  However, because of
our heavy use of custom fields (and, what appears to be, limited capability
thereof in the command-line tool), we have had to resort to the PHP script
sending email and then use the RT field scrubber to parse out the custom
fields.

If anyone can show me how to use the rt command to create a ticket and more
explicitly set custom fields, that would be a huge piece in our puzzle.

Thanks,

Ryan Roland

Network and Security Administrator
Information Technology