[rt-users] RE: RT CLI and Custom Fields

Roland, Ryan M rmroland at indiana.edu
Wed Apr 27 11:58:11 EDT 2005

Yeah, I was able to create a basic ticket with the rt command, but nothing
with custom fields.  Even if I have a queue with a defined custom field, any
method I've tried to submit the value of that custom field seems to trigger
an error (I show 'edit' below, but 'create' is the same).

Looking at the RT command help:

> rt help edit
   "set" sets the named field to the given value
   -S var=val
       Submits the specified variable with the request.

So I try:

> rt edit ticket/33 set custom_field=value
rt: edit: No variables to set

or...

> rt edit ticket/33 -S custom_field=value
rt: edit: Invalid variable specification: 'custom_field=value'.

So it doesn't look like the rt CLI is even aware of custom fields.  Can
someone confirm this for me?  If so, are there plans to add that
functionality?

Thanks,

Ryan Roland

Network and Security Administrator