[rt-users] email address per queue

Brian W. Spolarich bwspolarich at uscar.org
Thu Apr 28 17:43:08 EDT 2005

rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The GUI seems to allow this on the Queue configuration page.
> Is it possible to setup an email address for each queue?  If
> so, how? (I'm running on Linux / FASTCGI / Postfix).

  Chris, RT doesn't directly have anything to say about how you get
e-mail into it.  Basically you configure your mail system to direct mail
to the 'rt-mailgate' program with the appropriate arguments to direct
the message to the appopriate queue.  The e-mail address you configure
in the Queue setup specifies to RT what it will put in the headers of
e-mail that RT generates, so this needs to match up with what you have
in your aliases file for your MTA, and any DNS, relay config, or other
external dependencies that are required to get mail to your server.

  Here's a typical /etc/aliases entry for sendmail or postfix:

queue-name: "|rt-mailgate --queue queue-name --action correspond --url
http://yourserver.org/rt/"

  rt-mailgate communicates with RT via the web server, so the URL needs
to point to whereever RT is configured from Apache.

  -bws