[rt-users] email address per queue

Norton, Ian i.norton at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Apr 29 04:36:44 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,

When you're creating your queue, you specify the addresses that you want
it to send mail as.  This doesn't automatically transfer to your MTA for
receipt of mail.  We use a small script to generate our alias file from
the RT database which I have attached - it saves having to remember to
generate the alias lines in addition to creating the queue :)

Perhaps others will also find this script useful.

We use exim as our MTA, which allows multiple alias files.  I couldn't
say if you'll need to munge the auto generated data into a single alias
file if that's all your MTA supports.

Regards, Ian.
--
Ian Norton