[rt-users] Changing the RT instance name

Samuel P Howard Sam.Howard at GMxTechnologies.com
Fri Apr 29 12:32:07 EDT 2005

Hi.

I've looked through the Wiki and Googled (wish the mailing list archives
had an obvious search capability), but cannot find the answer to my
question.

When our RT instance was created, they entered the IP address for the
instance name.  Obviously, this is not what we want to roll out into the
world.

However, we have put some time into this install and hate to start over.

Is changing the instance name as easy as just dinking the config file?
It seems too easy, so I wanted to ask before I blow everything up.

This is on a Linux Debian box with MySQL.

Thanks,
Sam