[rt-users] Changing example.com to my domain

Thomas M. Payerle payerle at physics.umd.edu
Fri Apr 29 13:25:31 EDT 2005

> From: Vicki Stanfield <vicki at progeny.com>
> Subject: [rt-users] Changing example.com to my domain
> To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
>
> Evidently when I installed RT, I forgot to change the example.com domain
> to my domain name. I have changed it now in the RT_SiteConfig.pm file,

When using mod_perl, most if not all of the Perl packages are loaded up
when the web server starts up.  This is when RT reads the configs, etc.

Changes to RT_SiteConfig, changes to perl code, addition of _Overlay files,
and probably most other changes not actually done through the web interface
all require you to restart the web server in order to take effect.

Tom Payerle
Dept of Physics				payerle at physics.umd.edu
University of Maryland			(301) 405-6973
College Park, MD 20742-4111		Fax: (301) 314-9525